Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Week 73: 1 out of 7 weeklys left, enjoy while they last

hi, its me again. trying to rapidly type another email for y'all before i go on a hike (and by hike i mean a nice nature walk because there are no mountains). we had an amazing experience with adrian this week!!! he is so prepared. cant wait to go to his baptism in 2 years ... RIP. but anyways before the lesson we were sitting in the car talking about it and we said "wait, why did we ask him to read Alma 36?" we were uber confused because it had nothing to do with what we were going to teach and we said oh well and went inside. we go upstairs into the living room and Adrian is up there and his Book of Mormon is opened up to Alma 36 and it was all marked up and he says "I loved this chapter i have some questions i want to go over and some things that stood out to me". we both just looked at each other in shock it was amazing. and he proceeds to read the exact verses i had studied early this morning just because that was where i was at in my reading not because we had assigned it to him because i had forgotten it. does that make sense ? i hope so sorry for the giant run on sentence. isnt it awesome how God works like that? so anyways he proceeds to read the verses 17-20 "17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world. 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death. 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more. 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!" i love love love these verses. i love that the exact moment that Alma decided to repent he remembered his dad teaching him about Jesus Christ in his redemption. but this is after Alma had made many mistakes and tried to pull people away from Christ. and Adrain just related to this so much. he has been through a lot and made a lot of bad choices but right now he is choosing to repent as we teach him about Christ and he is being filled with joy. everyone should understand that your example matters whether its right now or in 5 or 10 years or 4 months your good choices and your light makes a difference in peoples lives you dont even know !!! hope that made sense because it was cool! i also had a really amazing interview this week with President Bell. He gave me a priesthood blessing and it was exactly what i needed. it was so amazing to know how in tune with the spirit he was because he didnt know everything that i was struggling with he literally said the most perfect things that i needed to hear. Heavenly Father is so aware of us individually and he will allow us to answer the prayers of others if we allow him too. President Bell definitely answered mine. also i got to go on exchanges with my baby sister van amen, but she is not a baby anymore she is about to hit her halfway mark, isnt that crazy?? she has grown so much and definitely has changed my life/mission for the better. i love her. well this is probably my last week in como so i gotta go live it up before transfers next week ! lots of love, sis folk

Pics: 1. me on a swing 2. our "trunk" at the trunk or treat, bc got rained out 3. in my natural habitat, i love children :) 4. a pretty tree 5. sis van amen and me still have comp unity because we showed up twinning for exchanges rip 6. the dream team got split up because elder bowman decided to go AP






No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!!