Monday, October 15, 2018

Week 19: sleeping racoon

Not gunna sugar coat it this week was pretty rough. Some updates:
》we went back to visit Kerri and her family and only her husband is there. From what we gathered it sounds like she is in jail and the kids are gone. Idk honestly but we were pretty disappointed and shocked.
》kevin wasnt interested in our message as much as he was "the messengers" (his own words in fact.) So we referred him to the elders real quick.
》mike likes meeting with us but isnt interested in baptism ????? Y tho.
So pretty much everyone we were working with has peaced out or isnt interested so :( . So we obviously had a BOATLOAD of time to go finding this week. Which we did everydayyyyyyyy except everyday no one was interested. So ya!!!! If you arent feeling bad for me by now its time to start!!! Nah im just kidding its all part of the work. But here is what i am learning:
Mosiah 7:33 "But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." I know that the Lord is preparing so many peoples hearts in Columbia and if I continue to stay obedient I will find them. I have seen in the past 4 months that if I serve everyday to represent my Savior Jesus Christ and put all my trust in Him, then I will be the missionary I desire to be and my Heavenly Father wants me to be. even if no one wants to talk to me (which is completely crazy im FUN) Some less depressing updates !!!
》jhon (the seventh day adventist) had a lesson with him and he read all of 1 nephi in just one week and he LOVED it! We were shook. We taught the plan of salvation and he lowkey was tryin to bible bash us the whole lesson because (im pretty sure) adventist take the bible LITERALLY. So it was hard to teach him (especially because he was on a website googling scriptures) ***cheater. But at the end of the lesson we thought he was dropping us but then he asked for a return appointment. So maybe he just likes to talk about Christ with us but we know just like conference when brother bowen said "We are gathering Israel for the last time and are doing so with the Book of Mormon—a book that, combined with the Spirit of the Lord, is the most powerful tool of conversion." So we are hoping that if jhon continues to read his heart will be softened eventually. Keep ya posted. #cliffhanger #keepinreadersinterestedsinceMay30
》Sauna Apt----> Ice Box Apt. NOT READY FOR WINTER.
》NEIL L ANDERSON IS COMIN THIS SATURDAY BOIZ
》transfers are this weekend PRAY SIS BEALS STAYS WITH ME
》the best tacos ive ever eaten are here
》i am still ReCkLeSs even as a missionary i guess cuz i let my companion dye my hair....... it looks good kinda. #memories? Much love<3 Sis Folk :))

pIcS !!! 1. Elder clegg died this transfer #rip 2. my district 3. Came across a sleeping racoon!!! Luckily he didnt wake up 4-5. Me and Sis B 6-8. Happy Halloweenie!! 9. Us trying to be healthy :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!!