Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Week 32: the BEST holiday of the year+cats+snow =)

hey guys! well ill get the most important item of business out the way-MY BIRTHDAY im turning 20 :( idk how i have gotten this old. pretty sure just yesterday i was riding my heelys home from 6th grade. goodbye to my teenage years. some more sad news... im leaving columbia :( so if you are sending me a really cool birthday card (which is highly encouraged)... send it to 1850 Craigshire Rd. Suite 205 St. Louis, Missouri 63146. i am SO sad to leave this area, i LOVE it and i LOVE the people. but i know its the Lord's will and there are people for me to love elsewhere. plus im a hoarder and i just think it would be easier for me to stay here with all my stuff. here are some good stories: *we went to go see Dave the 77 yr. old vet we are teaching. literally cutest funniest old man ever. anyway when we show up he has his friend over and in my head i said "perfect a new person to teach" boy was i wrong. this guy was not right in the head and kept saying the weirdest things. my new favorite quote to say comes from him "im a different cat.....im a watchmen......you wont meet anyone like me, well maybe 144,000 like me" soooo he may be Jehovah witness IDK all i know is that i have been saying im a different cat all week. *went to visit my fave Ann, a less active we visit every sunday. she showed me a pictured she colored of this mouth with teeth and arms and legs and she goes "this reminds me of you" and i said "wow thanks how come" and she goes "because you have a big mouth" WELL at least im being myself right? YIKES love her hahaha. *THE SNOW. SO MUCH. like 16 inches in a day and a half. ive never seen that much snow come so fast in my LIFE. literally it was crazy. so anyway all day saturday we were grounded aka we couldnt drive and so it was the LONGEST day of my LIFE. shoveled some neighbors driveway..... broke my body. no big deal. made me really appreciate going out and doing work the next day. except they also canceled church at that was #depressing. record breaking snow fall though.... put me in the Guinness book of world records please i was apart of it. MIRACLE: *kerri the lady we found when i first got here and we have been working with, has finally accepted a baptism date for march 6th!!!!! i am so sad i am leaving and wont be able to teach her and her family anymore but it has been so cool to see all the little miracles that have happened to get her to this point. God is good. SPIRITUAL THOUGHT: 1 Nephi 14:14- as i was reading the BOM this week i came across this verse "And it came to pass that I Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory." I LOVE this. covenant people of the Lord are everywhere. shou tout to my girl Liv Archibald she about to go share this amazing gospel with the people of Mongolia. so literally everywhere. and we are all armed with righteousness and the power of God. it does not get better than this people. I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES. we have the power of God to do ANYTHING he needs us to accomplish. okay this is a novel. happy birthday to myself (best holiday guys dont forget to celebrate wherever you are). all my love + some more. sis folk.

Pics: 1. 
Sis wall aka my LIFE  2. Kate's street! 3/4. Professional shoveler 5/6. Exhibit A of a lot of snow 7. Good thing im an expert driver. I can defs drive in snow. Im such a good driver when there isnt snow. Dont worry about me 8-14. random pics 














No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!!