Thursday, June 14, 2018

Week 2: I LEAVE IN 5 DAYZ???

i leave to missouri in 5 days.. how did time go by so fast??? i am sure going to miss this place and my district they are like my little family and we have all gotten so close. but i am excited to go and teach real investigators and bring them unto Christ!!! i am so lucky i get to represent Jesus Christ for the next 18 months. ill try to remember this last week and the important things. on sunday i got assigned to be a STL (sister training leader) with my comp and let me tell you the story of how great i did on my first night of being an STL. so monday afternoon we are walking up to the exercise field and one of the sisters from the departing district was like "so how do you like being an STL?" and i was like "oh its pretty chill i haven't done anything yet." but then the elder in my district was like "sister folkman did you know one of your sisters went to the ER last night?" and then i was like uh no ahahaha. STL goalz >>>me. don't worry the sister is fine tho she is just allergic to like everything. i am a better STL though now. no one fret. we were at breakfast the other day and sister salisbury was telling us how she is completely blind in one eye and had tunnel vision in the other, which none of us knew. we just thought she had super bad eyes but then i was like " sis salisbury you are really good at volleyball and foursquare for having that vision" and she was like " ya if i wasnt blind id be a baller" literally funniest happiest person ive ever met haha and then she went to NYU and i was like how did you survive there without getting hit by a car? and she goes " God was with me." ahahah. i dont know if its funny to you folk at home but it is funny here. ok now for some way cool spiritual stuff. our investigator COMMITTED TO BAPTISM. i was the one who extended the committment and granted it was a fake investigator i still felt the spirit so strongly. i cannot wait to get out into the field and commit people and teach people for real. i am learning so much by teaching her. on saturday night last week we were rotating in teaching another investigator and the sisters in my district were teaching and sister salisbury was sharing a personal experience and i have not felt the spirit so strongly in a long time. IT WAS POWERFUL. then my teacher shared the most powerful testimony. i get to wear HIS name over my heart. every day. i get to bring his mercy and love to others that have been praying and waiting for it. finally got to watch the devo from president and sister nelson! so awesome!!! i loved it. i loved when he said " nothing is more important right now than gathering israel. nothing" it was so powerful and it is so cool because that is what i get to be doing right now. if you havent watched it GO WATCH IT. my other favorite quote was "his FINAL team, the gathering is now and it is real. . . every child deserves to hear his gospel" everyone go share the gospel!!!
also side note everyone go watch "the savior understands me" by elder holland. amazing. so good. only 3 minutes. got to watch a cool devotional video sunday night by elder holland as well called " missions are forever". i honestly loved it more than anything. he is so straight forward and speaks with so much authority. my favorite thing i took from it "your mission is real life. its is the closest you will ever be to real life." that really hit home. i am doing exactly what i need to be doing. spreading his gospel and bringing others unto Christ. ok almost done folks hang in there. yesterday was a day full of adventure. i got to be a host to all the new missionaries. i learned a few things. 1. I am weak. 2. I am going to die in missouri, i died of heat yesterday 3. never send ur child on a mission with a suitcase with no wheels. being a host was some hard work haha. i loved being excited and helping the new missionaries but i also wanted to die because their bags were HEAVY. i now feel super bad for my host. i had to carry their luggage up the stairs with them and then take them to their room. i am weak. i am so sore today. i also sweated so much and looked like a disaster im sure the new missionaries were like um is this gurl ok? and then lastly one of the girls i hosted was like "so my mom gave me my grandpas suitcase but unfortunately they have no wheels." yall i almost died. these things were from the 1800s i swear. they were so hard to carry my fingers have blisters almost lolz. at least i burned some calories am i right. then our district was lucky enough to be picked as "demo missionaries" which basically means we start the conversation with the investigator and find out their need in front of like 60 new missionaries and then they get to teach the investigator. so me and sis whit got up there and KILLED IT. i am amazed at my progress and how easily questions came into my mind and how easy it was for me to just sit and talk and bring the gospel up. the MTC is amazing and heavenly father had blessed me so much. i have gained so much confidence and i am ready to head into the field this next tuesday!! i am ready! i dont know it all but i try my hardest and i know God will be with me. i have improved so much in just 15 days. i am going to miss going to class its my favorite part of the day. wake up and go to class. the perfect way to start the day. by learning about Jesus christ. l got to get to know the new district in our zone cuz i am their STL. it was super fun to talk to all of them. it was a little rocky tho. all of us leaders were just shouting facts at all these new missionaries and im pretty sure we looked like freaks ahhaha but now they know all the facts i guess ahah. that is all for this week!!! i love all of you!! thank you for the emails prayers and support it means the world!!
love, sister folkwoman
check out the sick pics i took on my samsung j7 















No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!!