Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 3: i have no idea whats going on =)

Hey folks. Its me again. But this time im out here in missouri not the MTC. Its weird being outta that place. U ever walk into the wrong classroom at school and u didnt know what to do or say? <---- me the past 6 days in missouri LOLZ. U want to know what missouri looks like you say?? Easy. Google "trees/dogs/cats/corn/bugs" and that is what it looks like here in the mid west. Everyone has a dog or 3. Plus a cat or 7. My dresses are made out of real animal fur now. #thrifting Lets see where to begin. i got some great content this week. Prepared to be uplifted and to chuckle. So it all started when the plane landed. Obvi. Waited for an hour to get of the plane bc lightning and saftey reasons. Then finally got off. Met the misssion president and his wife. Best, most kind people ever. Went to their cute cottage like house and fell in love with missouri. Next day woke up and went to st louis temple for some quick pics, then went to take a looksie at the mission office. That place is cool. Then went to the church and met my trainer. Her name is sistee lofgran. She is grand.. a little shy but im working on it. We are out here in the great city of warrenton. Its is the #largestareaintheentireworld jk idk its my first area what do i know but its huge. Members give us rides so we dont have to waste our miles #savetheplanet but really we are running low on car miles for the month of june so we cant go very far so that makes it hard to find investigators. Hmm where to start. The ward is the bomb.com nicest people ever. They feed us almost every night. Had the funnest dinner last night with the portillos. Three girls so i felt at home. :)) Ive met some less actives and some recent converts. One is brother duff. Cutest old man ever. He truly has been changed by the gospel and he is preparing to go the temple in august. The ericksons.. cutest couple in da world and they are going to the temple to get sealed soon! We have 4 investigators. I have yet to meet them though. We teach them tomorrow so i guess ill update u folks next week. 3 of them have baptism dates for july 28 (a great day for baptisms and also my fathers bday). im super excited to meet them and help them progress towards baptism!!! We leave in sketchy apartment in warrenton. Its nice on the inside tho. Well niceish. The cops are always at the neighbors across the street. #thedixielife #thereisnoescapingit. The cutest asian man does tai chi in the parking lot in the morning.. im getting tempted to go show him some of my kung fu moves. We so our laundry in the basement .. kinda really sketch ill send pics. God has a sense of humor because literally 100 steps from my apartment is the dopest swimming pool only $3 to get in!!! WHATTA STEAL. Im definitely comin back in 18 to swim. My apt also reminds me of a cabin and like im camping bc its surrounded by trees. Ill send pics for visualization dont worry. The thing im most proud of this week??? I bought 5 bananas and ate 3. I bought a box of strawberries and ate all without them going moldy. I bought a bag of carrots and actually opened them up. Some of u might say ? Sister folkman this is pointless info but i will say. This is something amazing. I used to by 6 bananas and throw 5 away. Buy strawberries and carrots and then throw them away bc they were moldy. I am a changed woman #Godisreal #Godisgood he truly is a God of miracles not just because of this silly food story. I have truly relied on him for the past 6 days. And he has answered so many of my cries for help. Also FIREFLIES. THEY ARE REAL. AND THEY ARE COOL. I am fascinated by these flying creatures. So cool. Also shout out to missouri for having 45667732 kinds of bugs its awesome. A funny/terrifying story?? I got one. So we are contacting on saturday and we are in this trailer park finding former investigators and we pull up and get out and this lady just starts yelling. And im here like a little ball of utah sunshine and happiness ready to share the gospel.. tryin not to pee my pants. My trainer was like "is brianna home?" And this lady is like "if you want brianna i dont want anything to do with u." Idk what beef her and brianna had but we skrt skrted outta that trailer park so quick. Someone should have told me missouri wasnt going to be sunshine and rainbows bc i was suddenly shocked into reality that not everyone is kind. Hahaha i have a lot to learn. Anyways probably the hardest 6 days of my life but i have learned a lot about myself and my relationship with God and Jesus Christ. well thats all for this week. Kinda random. Kinda exciting. If u chuckled once during this email then send me a letter with some jokes to repay me. @ 102 Granada Dr. Building L Apt. 204 Warrenton Missouri 63383. U can send me artwork too. Ill hang it on my wall. I love you all and am thankful for all the prayers/support/love. Love, sis folk :))

Pictures: President Bateman and his wife, looking out my window, homemade memes, me and my comp, sketch washer and dryer, Da pool, our car and apartment, positivity ball i found at the mtc. It helps hahah:))

















No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!!